I was much more nervous than G. He was calm, sitting through nearly an hour of older kids playing. When it was his turn he took the stage, exchanged smiles with his accompanying guitar player, and played away. His songs were the simplest ones we heard, he was probably the youngest kid there, he certainly has been playing the least amount of time, (he didn't even know any songs at Christmas!) but it was beautiful. He knew he played his songs well, and that was what he'd worked for - doing the best he was capable of. I think he actually thought it was fun.
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I'm glad it went well. I was thinking about G all day today. He is a brave soul.
Awesome. I wish I had gone into fiddling instead of classical violin. It looks much more fun. I would have enjoyed a guitar accompaniment more than a piano.
I loved this post. I grew up with music and doing festivals and exams. I always make sure I take in some of the music festival in town when it's on. This year a young boy of about 7 was playing his piano piece and had a bit of difficulty. Afterwards his mom turned to him and said, "See, that wasn't so bad now was it. It will be much easier next time around." The boy just looked at her and said, "I am never getting on stage again!"
5 comments:
I'm glad it went well. I was thinking about G all day today. He is a brave soul.
I love the third picture, with the sunlight reflecting on the fiddle. Save it for his first album cover.
these are great, jess. we are all very proud of that grayson. way to go. love, allie
Awesome. I wish I had gone into fiddling instead of classical violin. It looks much more fun. I would have enjoyed a guitar accompaniment more than a piano.
I loved this post. I grew up with music and doing festivals and exams. I always make sure I take in some of the music festival in town when it's on. This year a young boy of about 7 was playing his piano piece and had a bit of difficulty. Afterwards his mom turned to him and said, "See, that wasn't so bad now was it. It will be much easier next time around." The boy just looked at her and said, "I am never getting on stage again!"
Lovely pictures by the way.
Post a Comment