We went to a funny place called Fo-Fo Figgily's on the day of G's birthday. It was his dream place - soft things to climb up, guns for shooting soft balls around, big twisty slides that are long and dark and fast.
It was cool, and he was happy. (No small feat considering his birthday was on a Monday and he had school and a violin lesson - torture!)
One thing a short seven years of parenting my son has taught me - what I say can't change him. I love and listen and validate and discipline over a long haul - and he will do one thing consistenly: challenge my love and acceptance of him.
As DH says: "It's a marathon, Jess, not a sprint."
I am never nostalgic for G's birth, or his days as an infant. I thought that was normal until I had my second. With G I am always content to see him growing and healthy - never longing for baby days of 3 pounds, agony over ounces and what the future would hold.
As he said, "It's more special today Mom, it's my golden birthday!"

1 comment:
happy birthday Grayson!! Also, so cool to have your golden birthday in a year ending on the number!! This has got to be a special year
Post a Comment