5.22.2007

My Favorite Thing

This Thursday morning brings with it my last MOMS (making our mothering significant - like we need a group to make it significant... more like CEOOMIS, convincing each other our mothering is significant) Again, tangent. Significant mothering is doing nothing to improve my memory or increase brain cells. I have a complaint, powers that be! I need my brain more than ever now, one could argue, and it seems to be vanishing into a black hole of fetching water and snacks and "I have the most boooring life!".

So, last MOMS meeting. For my contribution to our "Fellowship Coffee" I am supposed to bring my favorite thing. Suggestions were thrown about last week: your favorite jean brand (only the skinny ones smiled approvingly at that one), your favorite recipe, product, book etc.

I am paralyzed by the choices and simultaneously want to impress everyone and not remotely stand out as strange, pretentious, "all intellectual", whatever.

The dilemma: what is my "favorite thing"? Certainly not raindrops on roses! (although I do have a lot of roses that are very pretty but cannot escape the much deserved reputation of being a royal pain to care for.) Whiskers on kittens are fine as long as it's someone else's cat. Bright copper kettle? I do love my Le Creuset deep red french oven! Warm woolen mittens? Not so much in LA. Snow is absolutely out of the question. They need a warm weather version of that song.

What does one bring to a bunch of consumered-out SoCal moms?
It is a suprisingly difficult decision. Suggestions?

No comments: