I love sewing dresses for Alice. She is still so small I can buy the expensive fabrics - but I only need 3/4 yd! Especially if, like this year, I hem the dress extra short to show off the eyelet on her Hanna slip.
This one: Ralph Lauren celery linen, made my own bias tape for armholes with every inch of the scraps, cut the skirt on the bias, and added the little beaded flower trim which claimed to be machine washable - and has survived very well.
Total spent on dress: $13

5 comments:
pretty impressive.
cute cute cute.
I like the "I'm done with pictures" face.
I love it! Green is my favorite color!
My mom used to make lovely dresses for us! She tried to teach me, I wish I'd tried harder to learn!
so adorable
that girl is crafty
Love the dress.
Love the pictures.
The last one is classic - I love the Alice face.
Post a Comment